Friday, January 9, 2009

Childhood Day - Part 1

Being in this country for 47 long years, what did I really gain or should I say earn leh, got to really count it 1 by 1, got to do a summarise and comparison against current.

1962
The year I was born into this cruel world, verbally I can only remember is RIOT, of course I don't know, it's not national wide thing at that moment until 1964 when it really HOT HOT up, nothing much I can do, only cry, drink milk, sleep, ya where do I stay, very good that piece of land became the part of PIE toward Bedok area now and always butter and jammed towards Eunos and Hougang and Paya Lebar.

1967
5 years old, still running around with wrapped up cloth pamper and a short, bare upper body, staying in kampong what you expect. Ya, I remember I learn a trick, running cross zip-zap along the lokang and that is a stunt that time, once you miss or slip you go down into the lokang, imagine that time the lokang where every things was throw in it.....you came up blacky and smelly, ready to get canning.

1968
Started to go kindergarden school, cry like hell on the first day, cause mommy not with me in class, once settle down, getting naughty and start to bully others, I learn cycling this years, not bad, fast learner, adult cycle, how? put a leg through the chassis body loh. My kindergarden mate and me, ha ha that year I remember is the Bruce Lee " Tang Shan Da Xiong" hot, we sneak into the cinema (convertibles type) to watch this movie, and that time allot of fade Bruce Lee every where. My kindergarden mate grandfather also become a well know "Tang Shan Lao Xiong", his name gain is from the village around to honour him as he had a heroic act that save 2 woman from robbery, he against 4 robbers, bare hand and chase them away without injury, good, ya that true it is, you see the wind in him so strong every where he go and respected, well now 6 feet below.

The kampong house I stay is like this: a big big house own by a rich merchant, how big let me think, it's like half a football field, ya something like that, inside got partition and stayed about 13 families, partition is those wooden plank, not what you think that partition board.a family always got a front door and a back door, so you just imagine that every room is through, some lock up, some don't, playing hide and seek is the best, and I also start to learn my card game there you know lah card games.

There is no TV, we don't get to see tv but allot of Re-diffusion "Ong Toh Kong Core" story or the "Li Dai Saw" kind of story, there is this 1 program everyone will watch on TV, that is "Yi Lai San Cheong" never miss, where to see, cross the main road go to the laundry shop to watch, only TV there until my late dad bought a 2nd hand TV, colour TV, you wait long long, black and white you happy like shit liao, that's where our house room become a stereo, jammed pack when the TV is on, hei you think what got timing 1 you know, cause my mum will only let us watch on what time, she set the time-table, that's where my Ultraman, Atom Boy, Giagantor, and allot more come to life.

The best is yet to come, no la not TV, when the heaven don't do good, raining season, floating furniture and allot more, lucky our TV set was put up high on the cupboard that nailed on the wall like that type you see in kopitiam like that, but not so standard la. But after the rain is over and start to dry up, you worry of "white ant" you know that Termite. This was up till 1976 where most of them start to applied for HDB housing, but between 68-76, my growing up was ha ha nothing much but will pick some interesting to talk about, on and off during school holiday I went to stay at my late grand's place in GEYLANG, yes, GEYLANG you read it, you got it.

Back to HDB, we got it at Bedok New Town and we shifted in on 1977, hey, I was promoted to Sec 1 after my poor poor 2 times repeated Pri 6 FAILED PSLE Examination in 1974 and 75, what a let down, I'm good from 1-5 but don't know what happen after lor, maybe is that I play too much sport in school lor and slade in lesson. That day just past by my Primary school, it already become a don't know what school and before is a CD HQ Division camp. talking about that my Secondary school also flatten and gone liao, ya no more there, happy.

Lot more to come, now got to work and do some closing for submission and about time to knock off liao, happy reading hor.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 英雄哥哥說了那麼多、小熊偶都還沒來得及出世呢。木哇哈哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya lor, me alrdy 47, call me UNCLE, kwai

    ReplyDelete
  4. 偶很乖咧、instead of uncle, I greeted u koko..

    ReplyDelete
  5. 他奶奶个熊,真不要脸,叫他哥哥,而叫我uncle?气!

    ReplyDelete